How Much Do Dirt Bike Helmets Cost? Here’s A Guide To Help You Save!
Dirt bike helmets are widely available and relatively affordable. Many dirt bike helmets come with various features and colours, making them easy for riders. Helmets can range in price from around $30 to $100, but most are around $50.
There are a few things to keep in mind. First, the price will vary depending on the type of helmet and the brand. Second, make sure you get a good fit. Third, be aware of the DOT certification. Fourth, consider purchasing a multi-purpose helmet that can also be used for biking.
And lastly, read reviews before making your purchase.
How much do dirt bike helmets cost?
Dirt bike helmets range in price from around $30 to $300. The more expensive helmets will typically have air ventilation and EPS protection features, while the less expensive helmets may only include basic safety features.
What are the different types of dirt bike helmets?
There are many dirt bike helmets, and they all have their benefits and drawbacks. Here are the different types of dirt bike helmets and their main features:
1. Full-Face Helmet: This type of helmet is the most protective and covers your entire head. It’s best for riders who are especially safety-conscious.
2. Half-Face Helmet: This helmet only covers the front of your head, which makes it less protective than a full-face helmet but still provides some protection in case of a crash.
3. Open-Face Helmet: This type of helmet doesn’t cover your head; you can see straight through the visor. It’s good for casual riders who don’t need as much protection as full-face or half-face helmets provide.
4. Motorcycle Helmet: This type of helmet is designed to protect you in a motorcycle accident. It has a hard shell that absorbs impact, a chin strap to keep it securely on your head, and ear pads to reduce noise levels while you’re riding.
Choosing the right dirt bike helmet for your needs is important based on the type of riding you do and the level.
Read More: What is SuperMoto Helmet?
How to save money on a dirt bike helmet?
How to save money on a dirt bike helmet? You can save big on your new helmet by following these simple tips.
1. Consider buying a used helmet. There are plenty of helmets out there that have been around for years and have seen little use. This means they’re usually in good condition and will likely last much longer than a new helmet.
2. Compare prices before making a purchase. It can be easy to get caught up in the excitement of finding a deal, but make sure to compare prices BEFORE grabbing the first helmet off the shelf. Checking online might be the best way to do this since many retailers offer free shipping on orders over $50.
3. Be realistic about what you need and want in a dirt bike helmet.
Check Also: How To Clean A Dirt Bike Helmet
What are the benefits of wearing a dirt bike helmet?
Regarding protective gear, there’s no debate that a dirt bike helmet is essential. So why are so many riders still hesitant to put one on? Here are some of the benefits of wearing a dirt bike helmet:
1. It can save your head in the event of an accident. Head injuries from dirt bike accidents are notoriously serious and can lead to long-term health complications. A helmet can help keep your head from being crushed by the impact, preventing further injury and potential brain damage.
2. Dirt bike helmets can also protect your ears in an accident. Ears are particularly vulnerable to injury in an accident, and a helmet can help prevent severe hearing loss or even deafness.
3. Dirt bike helmets protect your chin and jaw in the event of an accident.
Read More: How to Buckle a Dirt Bike Helmet.
What to See When Purchasing a Dirt Bike Helmet?
Dirt bikes are fast, fun, and dangerous! They’re also expensive, so it’s important to make sure you protect yourself when riding. Dirt bike helmets come in all shapes and sizes, but here are some common features to look out for.
1. Airflow System
Airflow systems allow air to flow freely around your head. These systems tend to be lighter and more comfortable than traditional helmets. However, airflow systems may not provide adequate protection in certain situations.
2. Visible Ventilation
Visible ventilation allows you to see outside conditions easily. You’ll notice vents on the sides of the helmet or sometimes on the back. Visible vents usually mean that you won’t be able to cover your eyes completely.
3. Integrated Face Shield
Integrated face shields are plastic and attach directly to the helmet shell. They’re typically used by riders who prefer a smooth surface over exposed visors.
Visibility is measured in millimetres. The higher the number, the greater the visibility. For example, a 100mm lens provides excellent vision, whereas a 50mm lens is only half as effective.
5. Impact Protection
Impact protection keeps debris away from your brain. There are two main types of impact protection: EPS foam and polycarbonate shells.
EPS foam is lightweight and absorbs energy during impacts. Polycarbonate shells are heavier and more durable. Both types of impact protection are required by law in California and Oregon.
6. Ease of Use
Helmet design plays a big part in ease of use. Helmets with integrated face shields are more accessible to put on and remove than helmets with visors. Helmets with ventilated faces are generally easier to adjust than helmets with non-vented faces.
Durability is measured in terms of drop tests. Drop testing involves dropping a helmet onto concrete several times. The fewer drops needed to damage the helmet, the better.
Check Also: Why do Dirt Bike Helmets Have Visors?
Why are dirt bike helmets important?
Helmets are essential equipment for motorcyclists. They protect riders’ heads when they crash. Dirt bikes are different from motorcycles; dirt bikes require special helmets.
You may think dirt bikes aren’t dangerous but powerful, high-speed machines. Riders can reach speeds of 50 miles per hour. When riding these vehicles, you must wear a helmet.
Dirt bikes are popular among young adults and teens. They provide a fun alternative to traditional motorcycle rides. However, dirt biking requires specific gear and safety precautions. Here are some reasons why dirt bike helmets are so important:
1. Dirt Bike Helmets Protect Your Head
Motorcycles typically weigh around 500 pounds. Dirt bikes weigh much more, usually between 1,500 and 2,000 pounds. These heavy weights mean that crashes are likely. Dirt bike accidents result in serious head injuries.
In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly half of all motorcycle fatalities involve dirt bikes. Dirt bike helmets prevent head injuries and save lives.
2. Dirt Bikes Are Dangerous
Riders of dirt bikes are exposed to high speed, high power, and unpredictable terrain. Dirt bikes can flip over or rollover, causing serious injury or death. Dirt bike helmets reduce the risk of serious injury or death.
3. Dirt Bike Helmets Reduce Risk of Injury
According to the NHTSA, dirt bike riders are four times more likely to suffer a traumatic brain injury than drivers of passenger cars. Dirt bike helmets significantly reduce the chances of suffering a traumatic brain injury.
4. Dirt Bike Helmets Save Lives
Dirt bike helmets also save lives. According to the NHTSA, dirt bike helmets reduce the likelihood of dying in a motorcycle accident by 40%. Dirt bike helmets are part of why motorcycle deaths have declined since 2000.
5. Dirt Bike Helmet Styles Have Changed Over Time
Over the years, manufacturers have made improvements to make dirt bike helmets safer and easier to wear. For instance, the first generation of dirt bike helmets was bulky and uncomfortable. Today’s modern helmets are lightweight, comfortable, and stylish.
Check Also: How Much Does a Motorcycle Helmet Cost?
How long do dirt bike helmets last?
Dirt bike helmets usually last between 3 and 5 years. They’re made out of polycarbonate plastic, so they’re durable and lightweight. However, dirt bike helmets aren’t meant to withstand high speeds so they won’t stand up to extreme impacts.
Read More: Why Are Motocross Helmets different?
Frequently Asked Question
How can I keep my dirt bike helmet clean?
Dirt bike helmets should be cleaned regularly. An excellent way to clean your helmet is to use a toothbrush to scrub the helmet.
Do I need a helmet when I ride a dirt bike?
Yes, you need a helmet. You could get hurt if you ride a dirt bike without a helmet.
How can I tell if a dirt bike helmet is safe?
Look for the DOT symbol. The DOT symbol means that the helmet meets all federal safety standards.
How do I adjust a dirt bike helmet?
Dirt bike helmets have different sizes. You can adjust them by turning the screws on the side of the helmet.
Do dirt bike helmets have any other features?
Dirt bike helmets usually have a chin strap to keep the helmet on the rider’s head. They also usually have a visor to protect the rider’s eyes from dirt and debris.
Do dirt bike helmets come with any accessories?
Dirt bike helmets usually have a face shield, a visor, and a chin strap.
Dirt bike helmets can be expensive, but they are worth the investment. Not only do they protect your head from potential injury, but they also keep you stylish and comfortable while you’re riding.
If you’re on the hunt for a new dirt bike helmet, read our reviews to find the best option for your needs.
Hey, I’m Hrithik Hossain. I am the head of helmethacks.com, which specializes in safety helmets. I am looking to connect with anyone interested in purchasing a helmet or who has any questions about different types of helmets. I have over 8 years of experience as a helmet expert, and I can’t wait to help you find the perfect helmet for you. I can help you with any questions regarding helmets, from the best brands to fitting, style, and more! I really enjoy keeping people safe by ensuring they have the best protection possible.